Today we said goodbye to one of our interns this summer. Tom O'Neil, together with Laura Padilla, George Jonson, and Griffin Johns were some of the best summer interns Clean Energy Trust has worked with.
Tom wrote some thoughts about what it was like to work with CET this summer. Read below for a behind-the-scenes view of how we make the #cleantech magic happen.
My internship this summer with CET was extremely rewarding in a number of ways. I couldn't be happier about how I spent my summer, working with awesome people in a really interesting and rising industry. Above all, I'm very pleased with how much I learned just by being in the office, working on various projects, and being exposed to new things I hadn't experienced in the work environment.
- I loved working on the RFP process, which lasted most of my internship. To me, it was very cool to be apart of something that will have an impact on the company. It was also very interesting to see how the process worked out from start to finish.
- I enjoyed getting to know my fellow interns, spending time with them, and hanging out in both the cool conference room and the dark scary conference room.
- I have to say that I loved those pretzels with the peanut butter filling... I loved them a lot.
- Visiting the Chicago Innovation Exchange's new location was also an awesome experience. That's right on my doorstep and I had no idea about it. I think that's something I'd love to pursue this year so I can keep learning about the venture capital game.
- More so than any other job I've worked, the people here are very close, and it often felt like I was having fun throughout the day, not working. I'm very lucky to have spent the summer here with all you guys, and couldn't be happier about it.
- Last but absolutely not least: Scotch Thursday